Google ReviewsHow to handle fake and false Google Reviews
Bad & False Google Reviews
Here’s a couple of tips we give our clients if they receive bad reviews;
- Acknowledge the bad review – respond as the owner, along the lines of
- Thank you for your feedback, really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, disappointed that our service didn’t meet your expectation, would welcome a discussion – feel free to call me etc..
- Stick to the facts and not engage in the drama. If they have used offensive language etc report the review to Google. Still respond pleasantly though.
Unrealistic Expectations of Customers
- If the reviewer is being completely unrealistic, you can still take this kind of tone. Acknowledge the feedback – but if for example someone is complaining that they have attended one session of physio and that hasn’t fixed their problem. Then you can add wording to the effect: “most clients with your condition require 5+ sessions to begin to see some improvement. Additional sessions plus sticking to the exercise program we give, sees our clients back up and about…
- I think you get the idea – it’s answering in a way that acknowledges, but also points out that perhaps their behaviour/expectation was unrealistic – without actually making it pointed at them that they were.
Reviews from Non-clients or False Reviews
- If the review is from someone who has never been a customer – call them out on it. If you can’t see that this user has been a client. Just a simple-
- Thank you for your feedback, perhaps you have us confused with another supplier, as I cant seem to match your user name to any of our client records. We pride ourselves on providing the very best service, if you could please call us so we can confirm you are one of our clients then we’d love to try and make this right for you….
- Hi… We take these matters very seriously, unfortunately, we have no record or recollection of any customer experience fitting this account, nor can we verify anything about your identity from your name in our records. If you were a client of ours, we would like to investigate this issue further, please contact us immediately at email address so that we can resolve this issue immediately.
Ask Current Clients for Google Reviews
Approach some of your happy customer base, and be honest with them – you can say look – I’ve had this disgruntled troublemaker and his band of friends leave bad reviews. It has had a negative impact on my Google page, and my business. As a small business these reviews are critical in my ability to reach new customers.
It would be so helpful to me if you could leave a Google review about my business. Ask the ones he has the closest relationship with – most will be more than happy to try and right a wrong.
How to remove a Fake Google Review
How to flag a review on Google?
- Click “Flag as inappropriate,” using the flag icon on the bottom right of the review.
- Google will assess your request.
- If necessary, Google will remove the review from your listing.